HOME   SUBSCRIBE    CONTACT    ABOUT

Friday, July 4, 2008

ABOUT THE THE CUT-UP





Would you really like to know? Here's a sample -

Every Friday, we have a 'Yes!!! Week-end!' Party and that's where Obama got his 'Yes We Can' motto ! That's me. A chalta-firta PJ machine.

• Tend to call a Spade a Digging Tool instead. That's PJ number 2.

• I spend two-fifths of my day with my idiot pox (my Lenovo Notebook has been named thus) and four-fifths questioning the Lord - 'what else was I conceived for???'

• Find myself erring with numbers now and then. A chronic affliction.

• Always badly dressed - though I'm sure no one can beat my undressed self! - Duh! Can get dorky at times!

• Delhi's winters and NIT Warangal's bathrooms have made me what I am - filthy bathophobic (sounds better than ablutophobic)!

• Found constantly mouthing " **** *** " to anyone randomly picked for the verbal onslaught, usually when driving (A genetic shortcoming, there! ).

• and lastly - I share the nightmare of many a lad treading the corridors of NIT Warangal Hostels - A scalp that needs to be nicely oiled and shampooed to keep 'em strands from withering like autumn leaves, landing unwaveringly on every spoonful swallowed...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anirudh saheb??

""Baby, how you doin??""

why so Americanized?

Looks like are a guy who picks up things from others and adopt them without thinking!!

Disappointed!!!

Anirudh said...

Thanks for pointing out 'picking up things from others', for that is what I do best...

Anyways, as far as the line 'How you doin' goes, it simply reflects my admiration for a certain character (who happens to be American) who has immortalized the phrase.

And hey, what's wrong with the 'americanizing'? You sound so 'british', don't you think? Only a Brit lover would still use 'saheb' as a suffix...it's been 61 years,
for Christ's sake! you may want to love the americans for a change...

You're right about the part dealing with the 'adopting without thinking'... I tend to ignore the fact that i'm actually influenced by the outside world in my thought process...

I'll try to dig 'inside' now on!

And 'disappointed'?

Looks like someone known... where did those lofty expectations come from then? A Brit, definitely!

;-)